I’ve decided that this semester is going to be my last one with the CIEF. It’s been great, and I would never have progressed to the level I’m at without my three semesters there, but it’s time for the next step of my life in Lyon. Working !
Now that Sim and I are PACSed, and we’ve lived together in France for over 12 months, I can change my resident status from visiteur to vie privée et familiale, which automatically gives me the right to work. Unfortunately, the changeover itself isn’t automatic, and I have to pay another visit to the préfecture to get the ball rolling.
Here’s what I need to take with me:
- Sim – yep, this one we have to do together !
- 4 passport photos, less than 6 months old,
- valid passport,
- current resident card,
- French translation of my bith certificate, less than 6 months old,
- copies of bills/lease agreement to prove that we live where we live,
- the receipt from the registration of our PACS, and
- bank statements/bills/pay slips/other documents on a monthly basis to prove that we live where we live and have done so, together, for 12 months or more.
Whew ! Now, as they require originals and photocopies of everything, I hope you’ll excuse me – I have to go and get the photocopier warmed up ! Wonder if Sim will fit ?