Vive les vacances !
School holiday wise, France is divided into three zones. Summer, autumn and Christmas holidays are the same across the country. Winter and spring holidays, however, are staggered. Here in Lyon, we’re Zone A. As I write, we’re nearing the end of our two-week break. Zone C are nearly halfway through and Zone B will be starting as I head back to work on Monday. Each year the zones rotate – Zone A is not always the first ‘zone off the rank’ !
So yes, I’m on school holidays at the moment and am loving hanging around at home, in my own space and doing..well, a whole lot of nothing ! Although that’s not strictly true, I am doing things – I’m
- making my way through the complete works of Jonathan Kellerman,
- pinning home deco ideas for our up-and-coming flat (and maybe some cute pictures of foxes too !),
- planning for the third and final trimester at school,
- enjoying the spring sunshine on our balcony,
- cooking, crafting, writing, scrapbooking…
The list goes on, but the common theme is that everything I’m doing can be done from the comfort of my own home.
Some well-meaning people wonder aloud if I’m not too bored with my ‘stay-cation’ but I shake my head, no. In fact, I’m happiest when I have an empty calendar !